Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giant Eagle Cake Designs Dora

internship search

Saluuut,

I'll be in touch again at last, although I really what to make for IMEA, but I'm a little unmotivated.

As you all know, I wanted to make you an internship next semester in France. I knew that it would not be easy to find one, but I did not think that it is impossible.
has now been found: It is IMPOSSIBLE!!

I have about 35 applications sent out to all kinds of companies, well aware of German companies in France, or at least companies that have headquarters in Germany. I really thought that it could work because I have a riiiesen advantage over all French have: Practical experience plus 3 foreign languages.

I started in early October with the candidate and I will get slow panic, as after 5 weeks was NOT the only answer, by any company. I initially thought that the French are just a bit slower and need more time. It must be said, however, also meant that the French begin in early January 2011, all placements. I of course applied only to agencies that have met my profile. I started in the meantime, apply to me in Belgium and Switzerland, but also because the same picture.
As as I said still after 6 weeks, no answer was there, so no cancellation, I once checked with the French, whether this is normal.
And YES, it is normal. It is almost impossible to live in France a work placement in a well-known companies, if you do not either mega Connections has or is studying at one of the elite universities in France. Everything else is one that is not here.
The French ship, no cancellations, that costs too much time. If one has not heard after 4-5 weeks, that means no.
You only get one chance for small companies that nobody knows. So I
had two alternatives: I apply to small companies that nobody knows, and for no later also interested in Germany when I apply for a real job or look for me a cool internship in Germany, that my professional experience and foreign language skills to appreciate.
Sure, actually I wanted to do an internship in France, but not only that France is in my testimony. This practical course I should also enable me to be clear about what I want to do after my Master and to get an idea for my master's thesis. And I see just the danger that this does not work in a small, pobligen French companies. The French are always little as less demanding. Everyone in my class have to do an internship, apply it all hard and find something only they would be satisfied with an internship in the call center and I'm certainly not. So I'm
come to the conclusion that I will do my internship in Germany!
Two weeks ago, I then sent the first applications and a week later, the first two invitations to be interviewed. Next week at Gruner + Jahr in Hamburg (magazine publishing, eg star) a phone interview aaaand this Friday at SAP.
This is sooo cool, never thought that they invite me. The place is really great and SAP course. On Friday I got the interview and so I will go home tomorrow, too. But I will stay only in Germany's interview, because I have to do very much and Kim at the weekend visit and get together as tour guide are;).
I have some cool places and businesses open and I hope really that it works.
An internship in France I abgehagt in any event and will see to it any more.

Bisous
Madeleine

PS: My report to Geneva and Lausanne, coming soon, but I have to wait on the pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment